Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010

Simulation of a bra

Hello Dear readers,
today I want to talk about the use of Finite Elements Method on ... yeah, you read right... a BRA.

The FEM is used to do a stress, flow or temperature analysis of - usually - mechanically components of a machine or something related. By dividing that component in a huge amount of small cubic or triangle elements, the stress problems can be solved.

In a graphical output, the stresses are displayed. Usually, the higher the stress, the color gets more into the reddish side.





The Video above shows such a FEM simulation done on a bra. As you can see, the areas displayed in the blue-ish colors are hardly stressed.
 
When talking about machine parts, every engineer is trying to save material, as it is one major cost factor in production.


So you may think, why not save material costs in BRA INDUSTRY???



Picture above is me at the beach (with my ex bf cut off, actually)... I'm actually too shy to wear more lean bras or bikinis... though I know now, that most of the cloth used is not necessary!


What do you think of that? Comment please :)

Kommentare:

  1. Very beautiful! and intelligent! Nice! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I think you should save material and say fuck the bra altogether:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Uh.. sure. What ever makes the ladies feel comfortable

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hahaha this is awesome! reminds me of some of my classes back at university!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wow, and I thought the bra industry was earning big bucks, guess they're using a lot of materials too.. kinda :P There should be no bras at all, easier for the men anyway.

    Very interesting blog!! come check my music blog out when you have a chance :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I think they recognize that a lot of what they are selling is a package that makes women feel good but at the same time still seems secure...

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Can't say I ever put much thought into the methods behind BRas!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Gorgeous and lol at cropping the ex out, well played

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. You are very beautiful, and this is an excellent study! I wonder how it changes when you tighten the straps...

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Ahh yes, extra unneeded material vs mental peace. Also that a damn cool engineer simulation program for something like a bra. Structural simulations of other everyday item would probably look cool too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Hmm, interesting view of such an interesting piece of clothing

    AntwortenLöschen